When I say something is bad or horrible, I mean my performance, not the event itself...
Tough year. I was due I guess... but between my own injury and family health matters I got a slow start to the season, and nothing really came together for me until very late.
My 2012 Performances
- Whitby Waterfront Workout (10k) - bad - first race back from injury, did pretty lousy
- Paris to Ancaster (60k off-road bike) - horrible result... big step back in the overall standings vs previous years... again, injury kept me pretty benched so undertrained
- TREAD 6 Hour Relay - great, team had fun and did well, things were looking up!
- Moraine 4 Life Relay - great! in 3-way tie for the win, we had a great day as a team... my performance wasn't great but not totally off either
- XC Mansfield Marathon (30k mountain bike) - horrible... DNF'd with a mechanical then suffered badly in the heat when I started the shorter event
- Muskoka Grind (offroad triathlon) - horrible... my first non-mechanical DNF. I was sick and shouldn't have even tried...
- Ride4United Way (160km bike) - OK? I guess... I suffered but finished.
- Logs Rocks & Steel (Adventure Race) - awesome! 2nd of the male teams, and for the first time this year, improvement over a previous result.
- Tour de King - OK... it was a tough day, hit a tree, but had fun and finished not bad
- Ajax Run the Lake (10k) - Good! Had a fun tussle for podium spots (which I ultimately lost) and my pace was pretty decent.
- Downsview 1/2 Marathon - Horrific. Disappointing. Worst race I've ever done.
No running PBs this year, which can be expected given I had a late start on training. I thought it would come around in time for that Downsview 1/2, and my training paces leading up to that suggested it had - but race day really disappointed.
Had my first ever DNF - for any reason - followed very shortly by another DNF when I tried a triathlon while still sick.
So good riddance 2012.
2013... here I come!