It is going to be hard to top this year - ever. It was an incredible journey, and the experience of doing Ironman was so over-the-top amazing.
That said, there is a lot that still excites me, in triathlon and in other endurance disciplines.
- I've registered for my first trail race in October, the 25k Vulture Bait
- I'll do the Paris to Ancaster bike race in the spring for the 5th year straight
- A few friends and I are planning a team for the Moraine Adventure Relay - a 160k run/bike/paddle across the rural and wilderness land above Toronto
- My main goal for 2010 will be the Muskoka Ironman 70.3, and I will participate in some shorter triathlons (Olympics/Sprints)
- Ironman - I will go back someday, likely when the kids are older
- Main goal: a spring or fall full marathon, depending on how training goes in winter
Yes, I will keep blah-blah-blah'ing... I want to keep a record of what I've done as I've already found it entertaining to go back and read (and sometimes learn from old experiences!). I hope others have found it entertaining and informative too.