2014 isn't dead yet! Still a lot of cycling and running to be done, not to mention paddling.
A few things I'm considering, I'll whittle this down to just a few events.
September 6 - 5 Peaks Kortright (10-14km trail race)- knee too injured
- September 20 - Logs Rocks and Steel (Adventure Race) - registered!
September 20 - Oshawa 5k Runway- don't have the speed to do this justice, off the list September 20 - 5 Peaks Hardwood Hills (10-14km trail race) -registered for Logs/Rocks/Steel same day... September 27 - Fall Epic 8 Hour (MTB) I did this solo last year and it was indeed EPIC! Over the 8 hours (!) I managed 110km of mountain biking, which is just stupid and crazy. If I go back it will be in a team to lighten the load a bit, 2 riders would probably be ideal. September 27 - Chase the Coyote - Trail Race! September 28 - Ajax 1/2 Marathon Did this one back in 2011, didn't go very well. This race is far from my favourite, as the course is not very kind - quite hilly. It's close to home, though, so if I don't do the mountain bike thing it's an option. Update: running not back yet and won't be in time to do this justice - off the list!
- October 11 - Great Muskoka Paddling Experience
- We did this one last year, it was amazing and fun. Would be great to go back with all that we've learned and do it justice!
- October 18 - Vulture Bait (25km/50km trail race) - sold out!
- I did the 25km way back in 2009 after my first Ironman... wouldn't mind going back, if I can find a bib. Who knows, maybe 50km?
- October 18 - Hardwood Singletrack Challenge (25km/50km MTB)
- October 25 - Horror Hill (25km / 6 hour trail race)
- November 16 - Whitby 10 miler (ugh)
- Don't do it. Please. Whatever thought you have in your head, just don't do it. You know who organizes it, you know how bad it will be. DON'T. But so very close to home...